PTSD Treatment Near Freehold
Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, can disrupt your life and make it hard to perform basic daily functions. Fortunately, expert treatment can make a difference. If you’re prepared to deal with traumatic past experiences and advance in your life, call The Counseling Center At Freehold at 732-515-4187 today. We provide respectful, specialized PTSD treatment near Freehold for adolescents, adults, and veterans in a safe location.
What Is PTSD?
The psychiatric disorder called Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder has the potential to arise if you undergo or witness a traumatizing event or succession of events.
This includes military conflict, abuse or violence, rape or sexual assaults, serious accidents, natural disasters, harassment, or any other intense or persistent experience that jeopardizes your health. Anyone can suffer from PTSD at any point in their life.
PTSD can become incapacitating when symptoms interfere with living a normal, content life. These symptoms may consist of
- Stressful feelings even when you aren’t in danger
- Intrusive thoughts and visions about the traumatic incident
- Graphic flashbacks to the event
- Blocking out portions of the past trauma
- Staying away from reminders of the trauma, such as places or people involved
- Feelings of shame or blaming oneself
- Ongoing paranoia and fear
- Inability to concentrate
- Easily startled
- Constantly on alert and mistrustful
- Problems sleeping
- Irritability and anger
- Lack of interest in favorite activities
- Withdrawing from family and friends or feeling alone
- Self-destructive or reckless behaviors
- Hopelessness or feeling emotionally numb
Most individuals suffer these sorts of symptoms in the time period after a traumatic event. However, PTSD may also manifest years after the traumatic occurrence. Certain individuals might even endure PTSD by knowing that another individual -- like a family member or a close friend -- went through a life-altering incident. You might have PTSD if your symptoms endure longer than a month and hinder you from operating normally.
If you grapple with PTSD, the empathetic therapists at The Counseling Center’s PTSD treatment center near Freehold are here to help. Our competent staff know what you’re dealing with and has experience helping individuals like you control PTSD. Contact us at 732-515-4187 immediately to set up an assessment and talk about how we can help you deal with traumas from your past.
How Will The Counseling Center Treat PTSD?
Nothing can alter the fact that you have endured a traumatic occurrence, but appropriate PTSD treatment near Freehold can halt it from ruining your life. The Counseling Center supplies therapy and prescription treatment for PTSD as part of our comprehensive mental health services. We’ll proceed at at your preferred pace to help you recover from trauma and deal with the symptoms of PTSD so you may live a more joyful and productive life your past medical details and symptoms, we’ll formulate a custom-tailored care plan with evidence-based therapy and medicine to accommodate your unique needs for treating PTSD. Contact us at 732-515-4187 today to arrange an evaluation and start your personalized PTSD treatment near Freehold.
Expert PTSD Therapy Near Freehold
Talking through your experiences and emotions with a qualified therapist is vital for PTSD treatment. Our practitioners understand the forceful impact of trauma and we keep that in mind during your sessions. In treatment, you’ll have the chance to modify unhealthy thought patterns, learn valuable coping techniques, and start to heal. Collectively, we can help you to a spot where you’re not just enduring but thriving in spite of past trauma.
The skilled therapists at The Counseling Center utilize several forms of PTSD therapy near Freehold. We will recommend the therapies we feel will best meet your unique situation. These might include:
- Trauma-informed therapy that examines how traumatic events have impacted all areas of your life
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to identify thought patterns that are hindering the healing process
- Dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) to develop coping skills for dealing with the adverse emotions stemming from trauma
- Motivational interviewing to discover the inner motivation, so you can make the necessary changes to encourage healing and living a better life
Taking Medication For PTSD Symptoms
PTSD can cause several mental and physical symptoms that make day-to-day living hard. Some of these symptoms can be managed with the proper prescription drugs when combined with PTSD therapy near Freehold. Our skilled medical staff will work with you to decide when medication is required and find the suitable medicine for you. We’ll also carry out necessary changes and are always ready to take questions to make certain your medicine remains safe and beneficial for you.
Why Come To Our Freehold PTSD Treatment Center?
You don’t have to struggle with PTSD on your own. The Counseling Center is available to assist, and we offer the finest care possible to help you achieve your goals for managing your stressors and trauma. All that we provide at our PTSD treatment center near Freehold puts an emphasis on you as the patient. That includes:
- Credentialed, knowledgeable clinicians and therapists
- Proven therapy and prescription treatments for PTSD
- Care tailored to you
- Multiple levels of mental health care
- Easy-to-access location near Freehold
- Hybrid schedules with telehealth appointments available
- Major insurance accepted
- Specialized treatment for co-occurring substance use disorders
- Empathetic, respectful care
Find PTSD Treatment Near Freehold
If you suffer from PTSD, you have a right to help. Call 732-515-4187 or submit the form, and we will respond immediately to provide more info about our PTSD treatment. We always answer, irregardless of the day or time. We are ready to support you now.